Sunday, June 27, 2010

Others on the Road... Stay SAFE!

Several folks are currently doing separate adventures out there. All started alone, and I will cross paths when I start mine. Michael rode out Sunday from Anchorage and is riding to Skagway where he is ferrying down to Prince Rupert. He is getting off the ferry and visiting cities along the Inside Passage. He will then hit amerika travel down the coast to California, and hit the Lonely Highway in amerika (through Nevada) and end up in Utah. He does not have a blog, but follow him on facebook!

Peppermint Patty drove out of Anchorage a few days earlier than Michael. She is riding the entire Alcan to Montana. She has a SPOT tracker on her bike that feeds live location. She is eventually going to Glacier NP and then back into Canada with the goal of a trans-can trip, a visit in Vermont, then a New York leg, with a return to Montana. She is leaving her bike in Montana and flying back to Alaska to go back to work... then she will resume her travels later in the summer. Patty is running a blogspot called "the queen travels".... check her link off my page.

Jazz has her bike stored in amerika in CA. She flew down a few days earlier and has traveled up through CA, NV, ID and Montana. She is meeting Patty and joining her on most of her travels. Jazz is running a blog called "Icegals" also linked from my page. I am hoping to meet up with one or two of these folks in Wyoming or Montana. I am thinking I might be able to connect after I hit Glacier myself and travel to Yosemite with Jaz. Check out her blog.

Michael, meanwhile, will end up in Utah. I will travel to Utah after the 4th of July. Eventually I will ride up to Montana to meet with some gifted park web folks. I am going to spend some time there learning about all the wonderful things they are doing with webstats. Michael and I are going to ride to Montana together. he will depart from Montana before me and head back to Utah. He plans on flying back to Alaska and leaving his bike parked until he returns to it in September.

I will continue my travels from Montana to Yosemite, then back to Utah. I don't think I will cross paths with Patty...

So I guess there are several "Wandering Alaskan's" out there... you all be safe... I haven't hit the road yet, but I'm thinking about all of you!

3 comments:

  1. got you linked back to icegals. And only one Z please. Im not worth two.
    Will be great to see you on the road!!!xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes maam! You know with all your alter identities it's hard to get the spellings down! (thinking not spelled like the music style, not spelled like the music style...)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good fun seeing you blog, too. Love to do it, but lots of work, too. Hope we run into you somewhere along the way. Would be great to share some stories.

    ReplyDelete