Thursday, November 15, 2012

NASCAR, Reunions, and the Road



I flew down to Phoenix and met up with Michael. Michael is coming back to Anchorage (yay).  While in Phoenix, I got the opportunity to see a NASCAR race. 
Michael’s family drove down from Utah and we all went to the races. What a riot. It was more exciting than I thought it would be; there were cars crashing all over the place (this is unusual apparently).

Danica Patrick crosses the finish line in flames (Photo: NASCAR)
 I cheered for the only girl, Danica Patrick, and see finished 17th overall, even though she crashed on the final lap.

Michael enjoys NASCAR
 We spent the last couple of days getting the Phoenix house ready to turn over to property management; it was time for a quick 3 day motorcycle break. We headed to Tucson, the long way (via Globe, AZ). I spent the day getting used to my motorcycle again, I had not ridden Helly since I broke my arm last year. We wandered aimlessly stopping to confirm that all powers bars taste like cardboard regardless of brand. I was a little frightened near Superior on account of the winding climb that was recently coated with fresh oil, but all was well. The day ended with a beautiful drive down 77 which put us at the doorstep of our friends Dave and Vonda in Oro Valley.
Dave and Vonda had a personal goal of stuffing us with a great dinner waiting, cold beer, desert, and popcorn. We caught up on recent and old times.

No comments:

Post a Comment