Monday, July 4, 2011

Still Holed Up Under the Dead Head Drinking Lead Dog Ale

The dead head is of course a massive beheaded moose hanging over my head in the bar…


My view looking straight up for two days...

To make matters worse… I just found out I am drinking the last bottle of dark beer in the place! The restock truck does not arrive until tomorrow. I hope I am long gone before that!

I failed to mention a horrible horrible thing that occurred yesterday- something that will scar me for life.

I came to the bike yesterday and saw Jaz talking to a nice couple from Holland. She was holding her keys out towards them. They said no and quickly got in their car and left. I asked what that was all about. Apparently in the stress of the moment, recovering from her day of death grip and IFR.. she lost her senses. She was actually offering to trade our motorcycle keys to the couple in exchange for their MINIVAN… a damn MINIVAN. I was horrified.

I got to admit.. she quickly pulled it back together… and is now concerned that I will tell anyone that she suggested such a thing… I swore I would only blog about it….

I think we are making a home here… the locals have embraced us and have been asking a lot of questions about beers in Anchorage, gambling in Alaska, and what life as a native is like in Alaska and the US. We got the ultimate compliment when the garage bay was offered to store our bikes out of the weather.

Either the sun will come or the beer truck… I’m not sure which will arrive first. It rained all day today again and the roads have not improved. Here is hoping for sunshine.



Playing with my hipstamatic app.. here is where I have been hanging out for 2 days waiting out the rain. The folks at Eagle Plains Lodge have been wonderful.

No comments:

Post a Comment