Thursday, July 15, 2010

Motorcycles in lots of pieces.. But back together again...

Janna's is the only place to get coffee here!

I spent the whole day working in Tooele, Utah; Quaint little town with a Taco Bell and one coffee shop. You laugh, but some of the towns in Alaska have neither. The coffee shop, Janna’s Java, actually dished out a fairly decent cup. It sits on the corner in a little pink shack that only allows drive through.

I resorted to automatic drip coffee today, the Folgers variety. Two pots later I was pacing the room while making various business calls to both the East and West coast. I think I wore out a spot in the rug.

Michael and Gene made it safely to Utah. Patty and Jaz have re-crossed the nation and are currently holed up in Alliance, Nebraska. They are splitting up tomorrow, Patty heading north to Montana, Jaz heading south to San Francisco. It does not appear that I will connect with those gals on this trip on account of motorcycle repair/upgrades causing departure delays.

My bike is in a lot of pieces. I am having an extra set of lights (on account of a bad experience near Shiprock, NM) to light up the road better. Electrical upgrades to provide a charging system for all the apple paraphernalia, heated clothing (don’t laugh it gets cold in the North), a couple of switches, shock boots, and larger cases/luggage (to carry the heavy and large-sized government issued laptop) are some of the upgrades.




The government laptop and computer equipment is soo big... I hope I can fit it all in my saddle bag...


Hoping to leave for Montana tomorrow morning...



1 comment: